Outsourcing Logistics to a Truck Fleet Management Services Company
Logistics is our Core Competency
Outsourcing non-core competencies has become a widely accepted practice across many industries. One area that has traditionally had low priority within companies but is gradually gaining acceptance is outsourcing logistics to a Truck Fleet Management Services Company or a Third Party Logistics provider enabling companies to focus on their core business.
The following are some the duties we provide when you outsource your route deliveries to Kendrew.
First and foremost, we understand delivering your products or materials to your customers on time is paramount. As an operator of hundreds of trucks, Kendrew is well versed in keeping a truck fleet in top form to ensure reliable services to your customers. Weather you would like us to manage your fleet or use our fleet of trucks, we have the operational and financial capabilities to help you achieve your route delivery objectives.
The following are some of the Truck Fleet Management Services we provide:
- Dispatch records
- Driver pay records
- Interstate Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) reports and payments
- Truck maintenance records
- Mileage reports
- Expense records
- Management reports (a way to track the analytics of your business, such as expenses per mile or profit per mile)
Truck fleets are high-cost assets, so maximizing their value is crucial. To ensure cost effective and reliable service, we adhere to a Truck Maintenance Management program to ensure optimal performance, which includes inspection and services the following:
- Coupling Devices
- Exhaust System
- Safe Loading
- Steering Mechanism
- Tire rotation or replacement
- Windshield Glazing
Kendrew understands people are high value assets. The following is a list of truck driver retention best practices curated from years of experience within the logistics industry:
- Solicit Driver Feedback: We ask our truck drivers for feedback. This may not seem like a radical advancement for truck driver retention, but it is a crucial first step.
- Act on Driver Feedback: Once we’ve solicited their feedback, we act on it if warranted.
- Build Dialogue, Rapport and Trust: Our goal with all driver feedback communication is to create a dialogue and rapport with our drivers.
- Provide Better Routes: Where possible, we provide our drivers with better routes and avoid putting them on routes that lack consistency and proximity to their family.
- Pay: We see our drives as employees representing our company and play them at fair market rates.