Automotive Logistics Services
Assisting Clients Overcome Supply Chain Challenges
The automotive industry has been one of the industries that has constantly continued to intensify the demands placed on third party logistics companies for many years. Car companies are partly responsible for establishing innovative logistics concepts like the just-in-time (JIT) and just-in-sequence (JIS) for production supplies.
Kendrew has been a highly successful automotive logistics partner. Our broad capabilities in the automotive logistics sector range from every aspect of warehousing and order fulfillment to comprehensive freight forwarding logistics solutions.
As a third-party logistics provider, we help companies within the automotive sector meet these supply chain management challenges by providing exceptional value-added services, which include:
- Facility layout and establishment
- Resource planning and management
- Performing light sub-assembly tasks
- Parts warehousing and delivery services
- Management of return shipments
- Empty container management
- Updating documentation
Operations can often take place at the customer’s production site, including:
- Unloading of materials from incoming trucks
- Storage of material in racks and bulk locations
- Supporting functions such as inventory monitoring and shortage handling
Kendrew is often able to make the following improvements:
- Provide measurable quality improvements
- Reduce safety incidents
- Reduce overall scrap costs where possible
- Reduce operating costs
Ask our Experts!